Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Sansevieria is Growing Up

Hello all and I am pleased to say that it is now summer! The days are longer now for sure and the weather has been very warm and steamy. In my garden, everything is growing a lot now than ever before. My sansevieria trifasciata plant that I bought back in January is now showing a lot of new growth:
 The window in the background is a west facing window that allow the sun to shine during the afternoon and evening hours. I love this plant and it does not ask for a lot in terms of care. You'll have to try really hard to make this plant unhappy. New growth is appearing. As you can see in the photo of the plant above, there is a new sprout coming! This is so amazing! My sansevieria or 'mother in laws tongue' is clearly showing that it loves summer! In the colder months, it did not grow as much as it does now. Currently, I am watering this plant from wet to dry on a weekly basis. I did give this plant a pellet of houseplant food a little while ago, which will help during the rest of the summer months. I still have to give this plant a name which I am still having a challenge on deciding. Well I hope that you enjoyed today's post on the mother in laws tongue's progress. I know that there is more in store in the future for this plant. Thank you all for reading and enjoy the first full week of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment