Saturday, January 14, 2012

Prayer Plant/ Rooted Spiderplant

                                                               Prayer Plant
This is my prayer plant and its enjoying the indirect light in my east facing window. I bought this plant last month as a present to myself on my birthday from my local home depot. This is a cool plant to have, and it is in the maranta family. At night the leaves close to be in a position like praying hands. It did shed a few leaves due to the move over a week ago but now is recovering.

                                                     Rooted Spider Plant
This is a clipping from my spiderplant that produced some runners. This is a very easy method to propagate spiderplants. This one in particular have been growing in water for about a month now and has a few roots growing. Probably next month or march I'll plant it into some soil and have a new plant.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have lots more room for new houseplants at your new place? Your current plants are looking healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have less room in this apartment than my last apartment. My last apartment was over 1300 square feet. Where I live at now it has a way bigger outdoor patio than my previous place. And thanks, I try really hard to make my plants happy.

      Delete