Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Gifts on Gifts on Gifts

Happy Tursday folks, today is the official last day of June. This has been a great month for my garden. This month has marked the fourth anniversary of when I first started this blog back in June of 2011. It's still quite unbelievable. For today I would like to share some new additions that were recently given to me as gifts. These came from my older brother who came to town from Ohio this past weekend. I thank you for these in advance. Here is the first plant:
This is a Purple Waffle Plant or Hemigraphis Colorata Exotica. This is a very beautiful plant with those glossy leaves! I have never a plant like this variety and I'm excited to see how it will do. It is currently sitting on my kitchen counter in a location with filtered sun. The next plant that was another great surprise was this plant:
Please pardon some of the sun that is in the photo. This plant is a Peace Lily or Spathiphyllum. I absolutely love these kinds of plants! This peace lily in particular has a fresh set of blooms on the way, which is what this plant is known for. This plant is in my living room in a western exposure. Peace lilies do not require a lot of light. I would not recommend placing a peace lily in a very bright location like in a south facing window which would most likely cause the leaves to fade. A northern, eastern, or  western exposure is more ideal. I love this plant and it's getting settled in to its new home. The last plant but most certainly not least is this amazing epiphyte:
 The color of those blooms are so enticing! I am currently looking for the perfect spot to place this phalaenopsis orchid, this is its temporary spot for now. Over the years, I have gotten better with taking care of orchids. Hopefully when this orchid is done blooming, I can get it to rebloom. The medium that this orchid is currently in is tree bark. I have one other orchid in tree bark, and two others in sphagnum moss. My orchid collection is getting bigger which is very exciting! I thank my brother for getting all of these amazing plants! I hope that you have enjoyed seeing the new additions to my garden for today and I will see you in July with more to come. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment