Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Phalaenopsis Orchids

Happy Wednesday everyone, it sure has been very cold and cloudy outside lately. I hope that everyone is enjoying the Christmas season! I would like to share with you an update on two orchids, one that I acquired back in May and another in which I acquired in August. Here is a photo of the two plants; the orchid that is in the purple planter is the one that I bought in May of 2014 at a discounted price at Lowes. It did have some dead buds and then it gradually sprouted out a bud which successfully bloomed and then it later dried up and fell off which is pretty much normal. The orchid that is in the blue planter was acquired in August of 2014 when it had some very beautiful blooms on it. I've also found this one discounted at Lowes. The buds gradually dried up as well. On both of the orchids, the green leaves did grow a lot during the warmer months. Hopefully during the next growing season, both of them will develop more blooms! I am now a lover of orchids! At first I completely disliked orchids because I thought that they were very difficult to maintain but my perception changed since I've had these two. Here's my first two orchid successes!! Woohoo!! As of now their growth rate has slowed down because it is officially winter now so they're resting and will enjoy the rest of the holiday season. Well here's to the countdown to Christmas, it's only one day away! I hope that everyone have a fantastic Wednesday and thank you so much for reading! :)

1 comment: