Wednesday, May 28, 2014

New Things Going on in The Garden

Hello everyone! As the month of May is coming to a close, a lot is going on in my indoor garden. I've been busy a lot lately so that's why I haven't been posting very frequently but I will try to be more consistent :) first up is the Cordyline plant or the Hawiian Ti plant also the Hawiian good luck plant:
This plant really likes this spot in the afternoon sunlight and I bought this plant about a month and a half ago from Walmart with a 50% discount due to some sun burned foliage. This plant is recovering well and I love the bold purple color! The next plant is a new addition to the indoor garden and here it is:
Here's my Prayer plant or maranta leucineura erythroneura. I love the patterns on the leaves. We know where the plant gets it's name from the leaves closing at night in the position like praying hands. I had a prayer plant in Texas but that was a green variety. This variety is more colorful and I love it! This plant likes moisture but not too much. I'm very excited about this plant. The next plant is another new addition from Lowes:
It is a Peace Lily or spathiphyllum. The plant was in poor condition so I recieved a hefty discount and only paid $1.60 for the plant. The plant was very root bound so I repotted the plant immediately:
This is the reason (I'm assuming) that the leaves were yellowing. I plan to get this plant back to good health. Peace Lilies are great purifiers of the air indoors which is a plus. The yellowing leaves were trimmed off and I'm looking forward to the new growth from this plant. Lastly but not least is a small update on my phalaenopsis orchid that I bought almost a month ago:
There's a new leaf growing!! I'm happy to see progress with this plant as this is my only orchid. I really like this plant and I'm very glad that I've found it. That's everything for now. I will try to post more often. Thank you for reading and feel free to leave a comment. Have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment