Friday, March 7, 2014

New Philodendrons

Happy Friday! Lately I've been looking around for new plants to add to my indoor garden and I did in fact find some great plants too. Here's a philodendron scandens micans plant that I purchased last week:
Please excuse the background mess on my kitchen counter but it's adjusting very well. This is related to the philodendron scandens but the leaves have a very nice velvety texture which is very cool about this plant. It is starting to trail a bit already. My next plant is a philodendron scandens as well:
But this is the plain all green variety. 3 years ago in 2011 when I lived in Texas, I did have one like this as well. I really like the the glossy leaves which looks very beautiful. These are very easy plants to maintain and I cannot wait for vines to form. I did forget to mention that I did name my philodendrons. The 'micans' name is Pearl and the green 'scandens'  name is Jack. I hope that you have enjoyed today's post and thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment