Thursday, February 20, 2014

Repotting Dracaena Marginata

Hello everyone, for today I will be doing some repotting sessions with my Dracaena Marginata plant:
I did purchase this plant a little over a month ago and it has made a lot of progress. I did buy this plant for only $2 because it was barely alive and it also had a lot of dead foliage. The plant did gradually bounce back to great health and I'm very happy. I am going to repot this plant into this really nice orange planter:
With this pot, my dracaena will have more space to thrive compared to its current pot. To start off this process, I took the plant out of the old pot to examine the root system:
The roots are in good condition which I am really pleased about! Next, a layer of soil is added at the bottom of the new pot to give space for future new growth of the root system to grow:
After this step, the plant as a whole is placed in the container:
In the last step in this repotting procedure, I added a top layer above the root system. If the plant is in need of some water, give a moderate amount of water to the plant. Here's how the plant looks after its repotting:
It's enjoying the afternoon sunlight and I'm excited to see how my plant will do in the following months. I will post updates. I hope that all of you will have a great afternoon! Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment