Friday, December 30, 2011

Plants for the New Year

                                          My Phalaenopsis Orchid
I had two plants that I wanted to get before New Years to bring in 2012 with and here is the first one. This is my phalaenopsis orchid and it is doing well getting filtered light through my blinds. I got this plant as a bargain which was a plus. After I brought it home I took away all of the dead leaves and repotted it using tree bark as well as some moss. This is a great plant especially when it rewards you for all of your care for it with blooms.

The second plant is my zygo cactus. I got this plant on sale at walmart because its after christmas. I just recently repotted it because when I bought it many leaves were coming out of the pot. It looks happier now in its new home. I got really inspired to grow one from Liza's blog at www.goodtogrow.wordpress.com and I'm glad that I bought it. I hope that all of you will have a happy and safe new year. See you in 2012 with new posts :)!

4 comments:

  1. *Blushes* Glad I could help Terrence! Hey, is that a terrarium you have by your east window? It looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is a small terrarium, it used to be a jar to place candy in but now is a mini- green house. I am enjoying east facing windows now, its no where intense like my previous south facing windows. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the jar - it's stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, it is a nice jar and fits the need for decor and also plant needs too.

    ReplyDelete