Monday, December 5, 2016

Peace Lily Update

Happy December my fellow gardeners! Also today is my birthday today! It was my favorite weather: cold and rainy. Well aside from that, I would like to share a much needed update of one of my plants, my Peace Lily:
It is doing well! It seemed to have adjusted well with my move some months ago and I am always seeing new leaves forming. I would like for it to bloom for me hopefully. I have had this plant for almost a year and a half now, so it has been a little while since it has bloomed. I water this Peace Lily or Spathiphyllum less often now in the fall season than I did during the growing season due to shorter days now and colder temperatures outdoors. A great signal that it needs to be watered is when the leaves droop slightly. It works every time! 
In terms of light, I have my plant in an east facing window that receives morning sunlight that lasts until noon, and then there is indirect light for the remainder of the day. Peace Lilies can also be happy in a west or a north facing window. A south facing window may provide too much direct light and cause the leaves to get sunburned. These are very easy houseplants, and I love the rich dark green color of those leaves as well! I hope that you enjoyed this long awaited update. This is one of my favorite plants so I really wanted to give this update. Thank you for reading and see you soon on the next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment