Wednesday, January 21, 2015

New-ness is Upon Us!

Hello all, happy 2015!! I hope that you all have enjoyed the first half of January. I did want to present to you two new plants that I recently acquired at Lowes, of course from the clearance shelf. The first plant that caught my attention was a Calathea Rosea Picta plant which is very closely related to prayer plants (marantacae); and this plant also retain the ability to open the leaves during the day and to close them at night. This is a very interesting plant! I am very amused with the leaf's multicolor design elements and the deep purple on the undersides are gorgeous! This plant only cost $1.50 which is an amazing deal for an amazing plant!
The next plant is a Dracaena Deremensis 'Lemon Surprise.' In the past I have had the plain lemon lime variety but never this kind. I absolutely love how looking overhead of this plant, creates a swirling effect which is very unique and cool! This dracaena was only $1.50 as well.
Both of these plants do have potential to flourish. There is some brown and crispy foliage but they should be able to bypass them. I love doing plant rescues, which give a plant of any kind a second chance at life of being very healthy in a loving home! I hope that all of you will have a fantastic Wednesday! Thank you for reading, and look forward to more posts this week! :)

1 comment: