Tuesday, August 16, 2011

ZZ Plant/ Baby Spider Plants

                                          ZZ Plant/ Zamioculcas Zamiifolia
This is my zz plant or zamioculcas zamiifolia plant. These plants are great, they don't really attract any pests,
they can tolorate any light conditions. My plant in on my south facing balcony that gets a lot of sun throughout
the day. If you don't have much experience with plants this would be a great plant for you. My zz plant came from a local garden center and I bought it for half price which is a huge plus. This is a very forgiving plant.


                                          Baby Spider Plants
My spider plant from a previous post has been flowering for quite some time now and finally is sending off little baby plants. Once they are fully grown you can cut the baby plants off of the mother plant, let them root in water ( or just plant directly into the soil but I prefer water) and after they have enough roots you can plant them into a container with soil and have more spider plants. I'm waiting until  the next growing season to plant these because they are not fully mature plants yet, spider plants are one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment