Monday, July 25, 2011

Cacti and succulent plants

                           My Jade Plant and Golden Barrel Cactus
During this past weekend I came across these two plants at our local cvs store, and I was looking for some
sun absorbing plants that need minimum care and these plants qualify. This is my first jade plant on the left and on the right is my most prickley cacti plant that I ever had. I am seeing new growth coming on my jade plant. The cactus is doing well I believe. I am planning to repot them soon and will show growth progress
after a while. They do make great first plants that you want to keep alive and does not need a lot of water.




                                          My Mother in Law Tongue Plants
These are very forgiving plants, if you happen to forget to water them, it won't hurt them at all. They are both
in the sansevieria trifasciata family but of different varieties. On the left is a sansevieria trifasciata zeylanica that is completely green with markings in the center, on the right is a sansevieria trifasciata black gold that has a dark green center with some markings with a yellow band/border around. With either type or variety, they make great houseplants, I had the one on the left since September 2010 and the one on the right since March
2011. They can handle different light situations, but not under strong direct light as it can fade the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment