Friday, December 30, 2016

Progress of the Plants by the Fireplace

Happy Friday everyone! There is only one more day after today of 2016 left and it is still unbelievable to me! For today, I would like to share how my plants growing near my fireplace has grown over the past 6 months. When I first moved into my new home, I only had my Golden Pothos there. Here is a photo from June 8, 2016:
My Golden Pothos was just introduced to this new growing environment so it did take a little while for it to adjust to the new conditions. Here is a photo of the plant two days later on June 10, 2016:
Here is a photo of the plant from June 18, 2016:
This was the point when the Pothos started to get acclimated completely which is a great sign! On June 19, 2016, I purchased a new plant which I found on clearance at Lowe's for only five dollars:
I placed this new Dracaena 'Lemon Lime' on the other end of the fireplace so that the Golden Pothos will have a new friend nearby. Like the Golden Pothos, this Dracaena is also a low light plant which made this growing location perfect! Going into the month of July, the Dracaena adjusted to its new home quite well. Here is a photo of the Dracaena on July 11, 2016:
I love the bright chartreuse colors of the edges of those leaves! The Dracaena looked very happy! Here is a photo of the Golden Pothos taken on July 18, 2016:
This plant was starting to put out lots of new growth with abundance of variegation on the leaves:
This variegation is priceless! This was an excellent sign of progress! Going into August, the Dracaena has also been doing well. Here is a photo of the Dracaena from August 11, 2016:
It did put out some new growth and was still continuing to do well! Here is a photo with both plants growing on both sides of the fireplace, taken on August 22, 2016:
This duo of houseplants were surely getting along pretty well! I am very sure that they communicate in their unique plant language. During the month of September, they were continuing to progress, I wish that I would have taken photos in September. In October was when the weather started to get colder, which did make the growth rate of the plants to go at a slower pace. Here is a photo of the Golden Pothos from October 20, 2016:
Here is a photo of the plant on November 8, 2016:
There was a little more new growth in November for the Golden Pothos. Here is a photo of the Dracaena taken on November 20, 2016:
The Dracaena was definitely enjoying the direct sunlight from a nearby east facing window. Going into December, both plants were still doing great. With the great deal of colder temperatures, the plants started to go into a more dormant stage. Over the course of the past six months, my Golden Pothos and Dracaena 'Lemon Lime' has grown well in the same growing location and has became essentially plant friends which is amazing in my eyes! Thank you all for reading this long awaited update! Have a great afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment